Russian drugs penetration to the key segments of the pharmaceutical market rose in the 1st half of 2018
Russian drugs penetration to the key segments of the pharmaceutical market rose in the 1st half of 2018. This was presented to the participants of the VII Annual Forum of chief financial officers in the pharmaceutical business, Pharma CFO 2018, by the Deputy Head of Economics and Pharmaceutical & Medical Industry Analysis Department of FSI «SID & GP» Raziya Solodova. In total, the Forum saw speeches of 25 experts from the leading pharmaceutical companies and state authorities of the pharmaceutical industry.
The main topics of the Forum were the primary trends of the pharmaceutical market in 2018 and projected growth for 2019, state regulation of drugs circulation and regulatory control of the industry, implementation of the drugs labeling system, ways of improving the efficiency of the companies working in the industry, application of information technologies in the pharmaceutical business.
Raziya Solodova spoke on the most topical issue of the event – the policy of drugs import substitution and new tools utilized by Russian pharmaceutical companies, i.e. forced licenses and disputes of patents. She emphasized that import substitution had become a logical part of the growth strategy in terms of the domestic pharmaceutical industry. This allows for essential saving of budgetary funds on purchasing of drugs and expanding coverage of patients who need medication, particularly in case of such severe diseases as oncology, HIV, hepatitis, and others.
«The main trends of import substitution in Russia are continuing localization of foreign manufacturers, construction of new sites, and contract manufacture at Russian production facilities», said the Deputy Head of Economics and Pharmaceutical & Medical Industry Analysis Department of FSI «SID & GP» Raziya Solodova. «Besides, it’s worth mentioning development of innovative drugs, synthesis of APIs, and the export vector.»
The expert of FSI «SID & GP» informed the participants that the share of Russian drugs had risen in the key market segments in the first half of 2018. Thus, the share of domestic drugs for treatment of oncology diseases rose to 58.23%, HIV – to 75.14%, tuberculosis – to 84.62%. An even higher share is witnessed for vital and essential drugs: their share in the Russian market is 84%.
Other experts from the leading local and foreign companies, such as Bayer, Takeda Pharmaceuticals, Chiesi Pharmaceuticals, AstraZeneca, Evalar, and others, also presented their view on the primary trends and challenges of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Cooperation issues in the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare system were discussed at the Russia-Africa Summit
- International cooperation discussed at the Drug Safety Forum
- Transformation of medical education and training of highly qualified personnel discussed at the Uzbek-Russian Medical Forum
- Memorandum of Cooperation signed between the Eurasian Academy of Good Practices, State Center for Expertise and Standardization of Medicines, Medical Devices and Medical Equipment (Uzbekistan), and Rusatom Healthcare JSC
- The prospects for the development of cooperation between Russia and Saudi Arabia in the pharmaceutical industry were discussed as part of the business mission Made in Russia + INNOPROM