Director of the FSI “SID & GP” of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russia took part in the Russia-Nicaragua International Congress
The 7th Russia-Nicaragua International Congress kicked off in Managua, Nicaragua, on the 26th of October.
Vladislav Shestakov, Director of the FSI “SID & GP” of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, took part in the business programme of the Congress. The Deputy Head of the Russian GMP Inspectorate has been a regular expert of the event for several years now, and this year Vladislav Shestakov greeted the Congress participants and acted as the facilitator of a panel discussion on the work coordination between regulatory authorities and pharmaceutical manufacturers.
The Congress inauguration was graced by distinguished guests: Laureano Ortega, Special Representative of the President of the Republic of Nicaragua; Martha Reyes, Minister of Health of the Republic of Nicaragua; Ivan Acosta, Minister of Finance of the Republic of Nicaragua; Roberto López, Executive President of the NISS; Alexander Khokholikov, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation to the Republic of Nicaragua; and Viktor Trukhin, Director of SPbSRIVS, FMBA of Russia.
Vladislav Shestakov, Director of the FSI “SID & GP” of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, became an expert panelist at the first panel session on the development of vaccines and anti-infectives. In his speech, Vladislav Shestakov dwelt upon the experience of cooperation between the State Institute of Drugs and Good Practices of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade with St. Petersburg Scientific Research Institute of Vaccines and Serums of the FMBA of Russia and colleagues from the regulatory authorities of Nicaragua and Cuba, when in 2018-2019 the production site of the Mechnikov Institute was being prepared for inspection for compliance with GMP regulations.
Particularly, the Deputy Head of the Russian GMP Inspectorate noted that the inspection was conducted by the CECMED, which is one of the strongest inspectorates in Central America. The successful completion of the inspection followed with the confirmation of the certificate in 2022, proves a high level of training of professionals and a smoothly coordinated work of all those involved in different stages of the project.
“This experience is a vivid example of international cooperation, the purpose of which is providing patients with high-tech products of appropriate quality and level of efficiency,” Vladislav Shestakov marked in his speech.
On the second day of the Congress, the Director of the FSI “SID & GP” of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade moderated the panel discussion on “Coordination between National Regulatory Authorities and Manufacturers – Cooperation for Health”.
- Cooperation issues in the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare system were discussed at the Russia-Africa Summit
- International cooperation discussed at the Drug Safety Forum
- Transformation of medical education and training of highly qualified personnel discussed at the Uzbek-Russian Medical Forum
- Memorandum of Cooperation signed between the Eurasian Academy of Good Practices, State Center for Expertise and Standardization of Medicines, Medical Devices and Medical Equipment (Uzbekistan), and Rusatom Healthcare JSC
- The prospects for the development of cooperation between Russia and Saudi Arabia in the pharmaceutical industry were discussed as part of the business mission Made in Russia + INNOPROM