Director of SID & GP Vladislav Shestakov opened III GxP Summit
On July 4 in Yarolslavl a grand openining of All Russia inter-university summit with international participation took place for the third consecutive time. With each year passing the only event in the pharmaceutical sector for students, which allows them to make contacts with a direct employer, is getting more global and far-reaching. The indispensable is only one thing – the support for the summit from the Director of SID & GP Vladislav Shestakov.
Practically for years it has been spoken in every sector on the shortage of human resources. However, it seems that the pharmaceutical industry found a solution to this issue, thanks to establishing the GxP summit two years ago, which is of interest for employers and graduates of the specialized institutions alike.
Each year the summit changes the region of the event – this time it is the capital of the Golden ring of Russia that is welcoming the students not only across the whole country and the near abroad, but also from Mexico, Croatia, Serbia, Slovenia, Uganda and Tanzania. The geographical extent and the number of the expert council’s representatives are also growing. Yesterday the work of foreign students was assessed by the expert commission chaired by Dr. Mátyás Szentiványi, Director of the National Institute of Pharmacy and Nutrition of Hungary.
Welcoming the guest and participants of the youth summit, its inspiration figure and founder, chairman of the expert council, Director of SID & GP Vladislav Shestakov observed that in preparing the GxP summit the jury had selected the best works out of 700 applications from 73 universities. Last year the indicators were much more modest – 28 universities. «As the expert council’s chairman I can point out that interesting and quite promising works had been submitted to the contest, and with the support of the pharmaceutical manufacturers, they could become the basis for breakthrough technologies in therapy» – shared his impressions Vladislav Shestakov. According to the organizing committee, following the summit over the past two years more than 50 participants had been admitted to staff pool of the partner companies.
- Registration for GMP Conference 2024 is now open
- Cooperation issues in the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare system were discussed at the Russia-Africa Summit
- International cooperation discussed at the Drug Safety Forum
- Transformation of medical education and training of highly qualified personnel discussed at the Uzbek-Russian Medical Forum
- Memorandum of Cooperation signed between the Eurasian Academy of Good Practices, State Center for Expertise and Standardization of Medicines, Medical Devices and Medical Equipment (Uzbekistan), and Rusatom Healthcare JSC