Speech at the round table “Contract production of pharmaceutical products” in the framework of the 19th International Exhibition of Equipment, Raw Materials and Technologies for Pharmaceutical Production Pharmtech & Ingredients 2017
On November 22, 2017, the employees of FSI “SID & GP” took part in the round table “Contract production of pharmaceutical products”, which took place within the framework of the 19th International Exhibition of Equipment, Raw Materials and Technologies for Pharmaceutical Production Pharmtech & Ingredients 2017.
Alexander Kuzin, General Director of NovaMedika, performed as the event moderator. He outlined the relevance of contract manufacturing topic in Russia. Then Anna Plesovskikh, Head of the External Communications Department of FSI “SID & GP”, took the floor and presented the analysis of contract production in Russia as of the first half of 2017, prepared by the Department of Economics and Analysis of the Pharmaceutical and Medical Industry of FSI “SID & GP”:
«An important element of cooperation in modern conditions is contract production (on foreign capacities with agreed terms of full compliance with technology and quality control of the customer’s products). In the shipment prices it composes about 23 billion rubles. At the same time, 80% are orders of foreign companies for allocating production at Russian sites. The
At the corporate level, 67 foreign companies in the first half of 2017 allocated their products manufacture in Russia on 31 production sites. The share of the top five is 62% – a sufficient indicator, but not as high as the similar level of companies that host contract production (85% of the volume falls on the top five). It turns out that the demand at the moment exceeds the supply. However, there are alternatives: for example, buying a ready-made company or “green-field”. Almost 20% of the production volume in the first half of 2017 fell on localized products, one third of them was manufactured at the companies’ own facilities in Russia».
Then Natalia Chadova, Head of the Pharmaceutical Production Inspection Department, spoke about general deficiencies that the Inspectorate meets while conducting inspections in the framework of contract production.
Following the report of FSI “SID & GP” specialists, the participants of the pharmaceutical market spoke on the stated problems, in particular, the view of cluster associations, as well as pharmaceutical sites, about the experience in contract manufacturing was presented.
- Cooperation issues in the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare system were discussed at the Russia-Africa Summit
- International cooperation discussed at the Drug Safety Forum
- Transformation of medical education and training of highly qualified personnel discussed at the Uzbek-Russian Medical Forum
- Memorandum of Cooperation signed between the Eurasian Academy of Good Practices, State Center for Expertise and Standardization of Medicines, Medical Devices and Medical Equipment (Uzbekistan), and Rusatom Healthcare JSC
- The prospects for the development of cooperation between Russia and Saudi Arabia in the pharmaceutical industry were discussed as part of the business mission Made in Russia + INNOPROM