Regulation should be a two-way road
Representatives of various regulatory agencies spoke at the VII All-Russian GMP Conference with international participation held in Irkutsk. The experts are unanimous in the opinion that an active cooperation at all levels is necessary for ensuring good quality at all stages of drug production.
Vladislav Shestakov, Director of the FSI “SID and GP” of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russia, has noted that now the Russian pharmaceutical industry has a huge opportunity for a breakthrough. Domestically produced pharmaceuticals can compete well on the international market if everyone takes responsibility for compliance with quality standards at all stages of the development, production, and marketing of the drug.
“Regulation should be a two-way road. On the one hand, the industry is taking initiatives to enhance rules and standards, on the other hand, state agencies are working on mechanisms for implementing proposals and immersing those in the regulatory field of national legislations,” Vladislav Shestakov concluded.
He has also noted that despite the sanctions pressure on Russia, international cooperation does not stop for a minute. This is evidenced by the number of foreign participants of the VII All-Russian GMP conferences. In total, experts from 30 countries joined the discussion, including speakers from Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean region, states the Persian Gulf, the Middle East, South and East Asia, South-Eastern Europe and all the EAEU member states. Out of the 76 speakers of the Conference, 37 were representatives of foreign regulatory agencies and companies. All in all, more than 600 representatives from 250 organizations took part in the Conference in person or virtually.
The concept of holding a GMP Conference every time in a new city will be followed in 2023, too. The city will be chosen by open ballot on the event’s website https://gosgmp.ru/
The event is organised by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation jointly with the FSI “State Institute of Drugs and Good Practices”; the technical operator of the Conference is the S-GROUP Corporate Communications.
It’s not a coincidence that the Pharmasyntez Company became the general partner of the Conference, as it is the city of Irkutsk that the Pharmasyntez’s opened its first enterprise in.
The sessions of the business programme of the Conference were held with the support of the companies PRO.MED.CS Praha a.s., AKRIKHIN, Sun Pharma, PharmEco Group, AVFARM. Valenta Pharm became the partner of the interactive part of the practical workshop conducted on the second day.
Strategic partners: Binnopharm Group LLC, R-PHARM JSC
Conference partner: MAKIZ PHARMA, HETERO Group of Companies
Special partners: Nacimbio, proGMP.ru web portal, and Sotex.
- Cooperation issues in the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare system were discussed at the Russia-Africa Summit
- International cooperation discussed at the Drug Safety Forum
- Transformation of medical education and training of highly qualified personnel discussed at the Uzbek-Russian Medical Forum
- Memorandum of Cooperation signed between the Eurasian Academy of Good Practices, State Center for Expertise and Standardization of Medicines, Medical Devices and Medical Equipment (Uzbekistan), and Rusatom Healthcare JSC
- The prospects for the development of cooperation between Russia and Saudi Arabia in the pharmaceutical industry were discussed as part of the business mission Made in Russia + INNOPROM