International regulatory convergence discussed in India
Vladislav Shestakov, Director of the FSI “State Institute of Drugs and Good Practices” of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, has taken part in the Global Regulators Conclave that has kicked off today in India.
In his address at the thematic discussion on International Regulatory Convergence to Promote Accessibility and Affordability of Quality Medicines, Vladislav Shestakov has highlighted that the mutual trust formation among regulatory systems of nations is widely debated at different levels – from international conferences to highly specialised working groups and expert councils.
“Convergence and mutual recognition is a multistage process that comprises several steps. We believe the creation of a global association of pharmaceutical inspectorates is one of such steps, i.e. an association of representatives of pharmaceutical inspectorates that would provide elaboration of a mechanism for mutual assessment of the regulatory system of the members of the Association, experience exchange, strengthening of mutual trust, rendering mutual assistance in developing regulatory systems and identifying best practices, principles, and approaches to inspections”, Director of the FSI “SID and GP” marked in his
Concluding his speech, Vladislav Shestakov expressed his willingness to discuss proposals from various countries whose representatives would like to join the working group to generate and elaborate all the aspects related to such a global association of pharmaceutical inspectorates.
- 50 Years of Development: Semashko Forum saw a session on the half century of the FSI “SID & GP”
- Finale of the GxP-Fest 2023 International Student Festival held in Moscow
- GMP Conference 2023 will be held on September 26–28 in Ekaterinburg
- Reducing dependence on import of pharmaceutical raw materials for technological sovereignty of the country
- Well-coordinated work and close cross-sectoral cooperation as a growth engine for domestic pharmaceutical sector