Milan hosted first in history convention of the Russian-Italian subgroup for pharmaceutical industry and medicine
Russia and Italy: strengthening cooperation for development of pharmaceutical industry.
On March 19, a delegation of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade lead by Aleksey Alekhin – Head of the Department of Pharmaceutical and Medical Industry Development – arrived in Italy with a mission to support cooperation between the countries. Pharmaceutical industry is an actively growing element in the two nations’ partnership. A number of Italian companies demonstrate interest in localization opportunities available at specialized industrial estates in Russia.
The first in history meeting of the subgroup for pharmaceutical industry and medicine of the Russian-Italian task force for industrial development and high tech solutions held in Milan came as number 1 on the business agenda. The convention was honored by representatives of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade, accompanied by Vladislav Shestakov (director of the State Institute of Drugs and Good Practices), staff of the Scientific Centre for Expert Evaluation of Medicinal Products of the Russian Health Ministry; and leaders of Russian pharmaceutical enterprises.
Stefano Firpo – Director General for Industrial Policy, Competitiveness and Small and Medium Enterprises at the Italian Ministry of Economic Development – chaired the Italian delegation. The Italian Association of Medicines and Equipment Manufacturers, industrial associations, and Italia’s major pharmaceutical businesses also assigned their representatives to take part in the convention. Today, Russian pharmaceutical market is gradually becoming attractive and profitable for Italian partners.
The parties discussed prospects of industrial cooperation, in particular: localization opportunities available in Russia for Italian manufacturers of medical and pharmaceutical equipment at Russian production sites; growing joint businesses; technology transfers. Among other topics, special attention was given to biotechnologies in agricultural industry.
In the end of the day, Russian and Italian delegations came up with a plan of mutual strategic actions aimed at building industrial capacity and enhancing cooperation between our nations in pharmaceutical industry.
- An open expert-advisory workshop on the topic «Computerized systems validation. Maintenance of their validated status» to be held on 15-16 November, 2018
- An open expert-advisory workshop on the topic «Water-treatment in pharmaceutical production in view of up-to-date regulatory requirements and trends» to be held on 8-9 November, 2018
- Representatives of FSI «State Institute of Drugs and Good Practices» took part in the GEP-Russia International Conference in Moscow
- Delegates of FSI «SID & GP» of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russia with an official visit to Singapore towards experience sharing
- Inspectors of the State Institute of Drugs and Good Practices participated in a mock GMP inspection